LAI, Francisca Yuen-Ki (賴婉琪)
- PhD, Cultural Anthropology, Purdue University, Indiana, USA
- MPhil, Gender Studies (Anthropology), Chinese University of Hong Kong
- BSSc, Sociology, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2014-2015
- Part-time Lecturer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2010-2012
- Teaching Assistant, Purdue University, USA, 2008-2010, 2012-2014
Cultural anthropology; gender and queer studies; migrant workers; social movements; gerontology
- Lai, Y. K. (2018). “Migrant and Lesbian Activism in Hong Kong: A Critical Review of Grassroots Politics”. Asian Anthropology.
- Lai, Y. K. (2017). “Sexuality at Imagined Home: Same-Sex Desires among Indonesian Domestic Workers in Hong Kong”. In special issue, “Anthropology’s Queer Sensibilities,”Sexualities. https://doi.org/10.1177/1363460716677286
- Chan, K. K. & Lai, Y. K. (2019). Gender Inequity. In Encyclopedia of Gerontology and Population Aging. Danan Gu and Matthew E. Dupre, eds. Springer.
- Choi, M. K., Kam, Y. L. & Lai, Y. K. (2018). Hong Kong’s LGBT Movement after the Millennium: Alliance, Conflict, and Limitation. In An Epoch of Social Movements: The Trajectory of Contentious Politics in Hong Kong. Edmund Cheng and Samson Yuen, eds. Pp. 115-140. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press. (in Chinese)
- Lai, Y. K. (2018). Celebrating the Independence Day of Indonesia. In What are We Celebrating: Multicultural Festivals in Hong Kong. Siumi Tam and Wai-man Tang, eds. Pp. 116-125. Hong Kong: Wheatear Publishing. (in Chinese)
- Lai, Y. K. (2017). Negotiating Gender Ambiguity: Migrant Workers and their Hong Kong Employers. In My City My Sex: The Everyday Gender/Sexuality of Hong Kong. Kam, Cho & Lai eds. Pp. 97-101. Hong Kong: Roundtable. (in Chinese)
- Lai, Y. K. (2015). “Tomboi (Indonesia)”. In Encyclopedia of Human Sexuality. Patricia Whelehan and Anne Bolin, eds. Malden, Oxford: John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.
- Lai, Y. K. (2007). “Lesbian Masculinities: Identity and Body Construction among Tomboys in Hong Kong”. In Women’s Sexualities and Masculinities in a Globalizing Asia. Saskia E. Wieringa, Evelyn Blackwood, and Abha Bhaiya, eds. Pp. 159-179. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lai, Y. K. (2006). Tomboy Masculinities: Identity and Body Construction. In Sexual Politics. Yau Ching, ed. Pp. 216-225. Hong Kong: Cosmos Books. (in Chinese)
- Kam, Y, L., Cho, M. K. & Lai, Y. K. eds. 2017. My City My Sex: The Everyday Gender/Sexuality of Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Roundtable. (in Chinese)。
- “Migrant Activism: A Critical Review with a Sexual Dimension.” International Workshop Global South Perspectives. Hong Kong (2018).
- “Queering Multiculturalism and Querying Happiness.” East Asian Anthropological Association Annual Meeting. Hong Kong (2017).
- “Citizenship on the Move: Lesbian Rights and Indonesian Migrant Workers in Hong Kong.”The Sixth Asian Conference on Cultural Studies. Kobe, Japan (2016).
- Panel Organizer and Presenter. “Remaking the Space of Home.” Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Society International Conference. Surabaya, Indonesia (2015).
- “From Friendship to Kinship: A Same-Sex Community among Indonesian Domestic Workers in Hong Kong.” Association for Asian Studies. Chicago (2015).
- “Families We Want: Changing Meanings of Home in Transnational Migrant Circuits.”American Ethnological Society, Chicago (2013).
- “Sexualities in Transnational Migrant Circuits: Indonesian Migrant Domestic Workers in Hong Kong.” American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco (2012).
- “Lesbian Masculinities in Hong Kong.” International Female Masculinities Symposium, University of Amsterdam (2008).
- Classic Works of Sociology(社會學經典名著)
- Social and Cultural Analysis: Cross-cultural Comparison(社會文化分析: 跨文化比較)